Monday, December 20, 2010

Touring Hamburg

St. Michels Tower
Monday was nice because we toured around Hamburg with Heike. We saw the harbor and St. Michels Church. It was a beautiful church and you could go up to the top of the tower. We headed up there and there were so many stairs. I got a little creeped out because the stairs were kind of rickety and have spaces in between which I hate. We made it to the top and it had a great view of the city. It was absolutely freezing but we stayed up there for awhile because the view was great. After seeing most of the city we went and did some running. Brady needed some things and it was nice because they stopped for me to get another carry on bag for all of my stuff. For dinner we went to a Kebab place where the kebab was gigantic! It was so big but really good too. Of course Heike wouldn't let me pay again. We went home for a little bit before heading out again and going sledding. There was a huge sledding hill right by Sandra's house. It was the biggest sledding hill I had ever seen and it was pure ice which made it even scarier. Sandra had two old school sleds that were really fun. It was so great going sledding. I hadn't done that in a long time. On the way back we actually had Kevin pull the sled with his car which was funny. We got back to the house and watched another movie. Before I went to bed I got online to check the status of my flight to find out that the leg from Hamburg to London had been cancelled. It was terrible! Luckily I got to talk to Mom on Skype to get everything figured out. She was on the phone with American Airlines for two hours until we got something figured out. At one point the lady we were talking to said the only flight I could get on would be on December 26th. It was a good think Mom was persistent because the lady looked again and I got another flight out of Frankfurt on December 23rd. I was not happy about waiting two more days but it was definitely better then the 26th. I wrote Heike a note saying my flight got cancelled so I didn't have to wake up early. I was up until 4am trying to get it all straightened out. It was not a fun way to end the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment