Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Making the most of it...

I woke up this morning really sad. I should have been on a flight home already but sadly I was still in Hamburg. I guess it was good I had a family to stay with and wasnt just stuck in some other city but I was looking forward to being home. It was nice of the family to let me stay another night. We all got up and ate breakfast. Then we hung around the house a bit until Sandra's old neighbor Frau Herte came over for cake and coffee. She was very sweet. They were exchanging Christmas gifts and she was nice enough to bring chocolates for us. After she left it was Brady's turn to head home. He left for the train station around 5pm. He had to get to Amsterdam and then fly out the next morning. He had to spend 9 hours at the airport before his flight left which I am so glad I didn't have to do. Jake then left at 9pm and he was headed to Munich to fly out. After they both left we all decorated their Christmas tree. Michael put on Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and we decorated. It is funny because they decorate the tree the day before Christmas. This was early for them. Another thing which was funny was that they decorated the tree only in red ornaments. I thought it looked funny but it was their tradition and it was nice being a part of it. I had skyped with Mom earlier and she gave me some good advice to just make the most of it even though I was not excited about still being there. It was a nice day despite the fact that I could have been home. I was constantly checking my flight status and I was glad to see there weren't any problems yet.
Heike and Michael decorating the tree

No comments:

Post a Comment