Monday, December 13, 2010

On to a new adventure!

Monday morning I could not get myself out of bed because I knew what was ahead. I got up around 7 and packed up my last minute things. It had snowed alot so we decided to leave earlier. It wasnt a big deal because all of my stuff was packed up already and we didnt want to risk missing our train because the buses were late. We got all of our stuff together then started going around and saying goodbye. We said goodbye to Aly first because he had class. It was really hard to say goodbye to him. I guess I havent said much about Aly but he was Brady's roommate and he was really close with our group. He did just about everything with us. He was a lot of fun! After saying goodbye to Aly, Aimee and I woke up Sean and Dan to say goodbye. It was definitely difficult. I know I will see these people next semester but it will never be the same as it was when we were in Austria. Then we said goodbye to Kevin, Jeremy and Jen. We then turned our keys in and headed to the bus stop. It was not fun dragging our luggage through all of the snow. My luggage was so heavy! Aimee and I got to the bus station and we tag-teamed it to get our luggage on the bus. Everything was really heavy but we did it. Jake and Brady had already left and the plan was to meet them at the station. The tears started up again once we drove through the city for the last time. We were definitely getting some wierd looks from people on the bus. We got to the train station with plenty of time so we grabbed something to eat. My stomach was in knots so I didnt really finish it all. We then had to go up a bunch of stairs to get to our platform. Its nice though because everyone is willing to help out. Brady and I switched bags so that made it easier. Our first train went to Munich and then we switched trains. We only had 8 minutes but luckily it was just on the next platform over. The next train we got on was 4 hours long so we could relax a bit. Then we switched trains in Kassel-Wilhelm, then in Hamm and then in Münster before we made it to Enshede. It was a crazy trip but luckily everything went smoothly. We got to Enschede at 9:20 and Aimee's cousin Marita was there to pick us up with her dad, Gustav. Then we drove to their house about 20 minutes away in Graes, Germany. There we unloaded her stuff and met Marita's mom, Marianne. They were all so nice! Marianne had goulash ready for us to eat which was great because we were all so hungry. Of course we had to have a beer with our goulash! haha! After we ate we sat up and talked with them until 12:30 which was so great. They are really nice and they remind me a lot of Ola's family. It was kind of funny because we were the ones that were tired and Gustav and Marianne are in their late 60's! Not that that is old, but I was surprised how late they stayed up!
All of our stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment