Sunday, October 31, 2010

Amsterdammit I want to go home!

I got up around 9:00am but it turned out it was only 8am. I forgot it was daylight savings time and forgot to switch my clock which was stupid. Sean, Dan, Kevin and I left to try and catch another walking tour but of course missed it again. Even when we gave ourselves more time to get there we missed it. We had all our luggage so we found a locker to put it in. Then we went to get our tickets for our train home. It was lucky that we got them in advance because Sean and Dan had some trouble getting theirs. It ended up being ok and we all got what we needed. Then we tried to look for Aimee and Chris who were going to be there too. We had planned to meet somewhere but they weren’t there when we got there. I was sad because it would have been a lot more fun to hang out with them. It would have given us something to actually do. The four of us then went to this thing called the Amsterdam Dungeon. It was apparently supposed to be in the top three things to do in Amsterdam. It looked like a haunted house and we figured it was Halloween so we gave it a shot. It was funny more than anything else. I don’t really even know how to explain it. Haha! But it ended with a little roller coaster ride indoors. It gave us something to do but in the end we just laughed at what happened. After that we basically wasted time until the train. We all wanted to just go back to Salzburg. We met up again with everyone at 7:45, got our luggage and headed to our platform. The train was really nice because we got a bed. I fell asleep right away and didn’t wake up until we reached Munich. It was great! It made the trip go by really fast. When we got to the Munich train station we had about an hour before our train for Salzburg left. Something really strange happened on the train back. Two men came around and checked our passports. They asked us where we were coming from and when someone said Amsterdam they asked to look through some people’s bags. We had travelled from Munich many times and never had our passports checked. I look at the whole situation as devine intervention because two of the guys were sweating bullets. They still had some stuff in their bags. I guess it was lucky they didn’t find it but I was kind of glad to see them so worried. That sounds terrible but they really didn’t need to bring it back with them. When we got to Salzburg Monday morning I was so happy! It was a great trip but it really is true that there is no place like home!

3 comments:

  1. We just CRACKED UP at the title!! We give it "The Best Title Award" - so glad you are safe and sound back at Salzburg!!

    Love you so much,

    Mom,Dad and Laurann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks! It didn't take too long to think of it actually and I think it explains my feelings that day. haha! I'm really glad to be back in Salzburg too!

    Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever titles, Nick. I love reading :)

    ReplyDelete