Saturday, August 28, 2010

And We're Off!


Today is finally the day. I packed up all of my things (which took forever!) and headed to the airport. Everything went fine except for the fact that my luggage weighed 70 lbs and the limit was 50 lbs. So we had to quickly move my stuff into Dad and Mom's luggage. It saved us $200! We got it all to fit and headed to our gate. Now we are taking a little rest in the SAS(Mom's note to Gramma: "It's not the old lady shoe store") Business Lounge at the Chicago O'hare airport which we found to be absolutely gigantic. It is nice to relax a little but there sure are a lot of stuffy business men. I'm pretty sure Dad, Mom and I are the youngest ones here. haha : ) Oh well, atleast it has wireless internet. We will then board the eight hour flight to Copenhagen at 10:00pm and have a short plane ride to Sweden. This blogging thing isn't so easy. Mom helped me write the whole thing. I hope I can do it when she leaves!! I'm sure I will get better. Hope you enjoy it. : )

Quote of the Day: Me- "Planes are the craziest thing ever made." Dad -  " I know. It's like a flying whale"

4 comments:

  1. HAHAHHAHAHA I just DIED by that quote of the day...hilarious.

    I could tell that SAS thing had 'Mom' written all over it. I hope everything went well-- miss you all already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quote, Nick! I'm sure you'll have plenty of good ones ;) I love your blog - better than mine already! Miss you all - it's odd not having you on campus with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I echo the hilarity of the quote of the day. Jim and I just finished our own fifteen hours of travel from Lihue, Kauai to MSP, whew! I know how you feel heading east too. You guys got to go into one of those exclusive lounges?! Did Volvo fly you first class also?

    I love the blog! Way to go! I look forward to reading more awesome entries :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Travel is so tiring! I hope you had a good time though! We did get to go in the lounge but unfortunately not first class. It was nice to relax though!

    ReplyDelete